Our FEG pan-European online course for qualified tourist guides is a real journey in time, through places and across nations.
Did you know that you can create new guided theme tours in fantastic destinations following the “steps of silk” to support sustainable tourism in places not known to most visitors? Join the FEG experts and follow this Western European Silk Road thread to gain expert knowledge and a new tourist guide certification for this special popular theme!
- All FEG association members' qualified tourist guides are eligible to attend the “Western Silk Road Experience” online course and to be certified by FEG and Athina Training Centre Skills Academy.
- This online course and certification is designed to train and then assess the candidate tourist guide on the visitor experience offered by tourist guides, with the end goal of delivering a high-quality “Western Silk Road” tours with the highest chance of receiving the highest ratings from customers.
The course duration is 25 hours and each one of the three training modules is followed by a short quiz.
Quizzes must be done one at a time after each module has been carefully studied. The participant cannot refer back to the module and its submodules to answer each quiz question.
The results of the previous module quiz can be saved. Each module can be done by answering its quiz at a different time or on a different day.
Course participants will have the chance to retake each module quiz for a second time, in case of failure on their first attempt.
The online course cost is 190 EUR, including the three training modules, an e-certificate for the successful candidates and administration costs. For candidates who register and pay the course in 2022, there is a special offer at 150 EUR.
Once your registration has been received, you will receive an email to proceed to the course payment. Please check your spam folder to make sure you don't miss our answer email. Online payments are available via your bank account or PayPal.
Links to documents and videos which are included in the course modules are merely complementary for extra study, for anybody who has the extra time to log in to watch them later. Each video link indicates its duration and some are long movies or series. The info and knowledge provided in these links shall NOT be assessed by the course module quizzes.
After your payment has been received and your FEG membership status has been approved, your own personal FEG username and password will be sent to you by email, so that you can enter the program and do the course modules and quizzes. Please check your spam folder to make sure you don't miss our answer email.
- In the event that false information is provided in the registration form, ie tourist guide ID or FEG association membership, moneys will not be returned to the sender.
- Among the European-Western Silk Road countries, we also consider Turkey, Russia, Ukraine and all Baltic Sea countries. Among the Eurasian countries, we consider Georgia, Armenia and Ajerbaijan, as countries bordering the Black Sea. All above have connections to the Western Silk Road projects and promotion campaigns.
- All FEG member countries’ tourist guides above will have to use the special code provided by Athina Training Centre to FEG and will be sent by email to each tourist guide who has completed the online registration form, is approved as eligible and has paid to do the course.
- Upon registration, the participant must upload his/her tourist guide I.D. or badge and write which association is a member of, among other contact details asked in the application form to be found here below.
- In case of non-true information provided, the organisers of this course reserve the right to refuse participation and certification or to cancel certification awarded to any person, who provides misleading information to this training platform.
FEG and Athina Training Centre Skills Academy would like to have your feedback on this online course by asking you to fill in an evaluation form for training and promotional purposes. Successful candidates' names, areas of qualification, email addresses, and portrait photos will publically appear on the web in a special listing for this online course for your own promotion.
Your testimonial and your name may be also chosen to appear in FEG and Athina Training Centre Skills Academy publications, on our websites, on our social media web pages and in our PR and training course material and marketing.
By submitting the course subscription form you confirm that you give your permission for the above uses as required.